SIGNS OF HEARING LOSS
Hearing loss is often gradual, making it difficult for you to know if you are losing your hearing.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do I often ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do I have trouble following conversations with more than two people?
- Do I have difficulty hearing what is said unless I am facing the speaker?
- Does it sound like other people are mumbling or slurring their words?
- Do I struggle to hear in crowded places like restaurants, malls and meeting rooms?
- Do I have a hard time hearing women or children?
- Do I prefer the TV or radio volume louder than others?
- Do I experience ringing or buzzing in my ears?
If you answered yes to two or more of these questions, chances are you do suffer from hearing loss and you should make an appointment for an evaluation.
The Benefits of Wearing A Hearing Aid
Using a hearing aid presents a number of advantages to a hearing-impaired person. First and foremost is the ability to hear a lot better. Numerous studies reveal a number of benefits to wearing a hearing aid; several are listed below.
- Improve relationships with your family
- Improve mental health
- Improve physical well-being
- Better concentration
- Increased independence
- More enjoyable participation in social gathering
- Increase your social contacts
- Improve your job performance