JAMES R. JACHIMOWICZ, MD
BOARD CERTIFIED OPHTHALMOLOGIST
Dr. Jachimowicz is Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Connecticut and received his Master of Science and Medical Degrees from Louisiana State University School of Medicine. During his time there, he was selected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical honor society. He completed his internship and residency training in Ophthalmology from the Medical College of Georgia.
Dr. Jachimowicz has been a proud member of the Hernando County community for more than 30 years and provides outstanding, comprehensive eye care. He is committed to treating each individual patient, and learning what is most important to them for their visual outcomes. His passion is making a difference in the lives of each of his patients. Dr. Jachimowicz’s dedication to his patients and long-term patient relationships has resulted in him providing multigenerational care for many members of the Hernando County community.
While born in New Britain, Connecticut, Dr. Jachimowicz enjoys the Florida lifestyle and spends his free time fishing, boating, and golfing with his wife, three children, and their dogs. Additionally, he enjoys woodworking, fixing cars, and home renovation projects.
- Residency in Ophthalmology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
- Internship in General Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
- Doctor of Medicine, Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Master of Science, Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Bachelor of Science, University of Connecticut, Mansfield, CT
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Florida Society of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Florida and Hernando County Medical Societies