KEVIN ARJUNE, OD
RESIDENT PRIMARY EYE CARE PHYSICIAN
Dr. Arjune is one of the Newsom Eye 2021-2022 Optometry Residents in the accredited Newsom Eye Residency Program. Residents are carefully selected to join this competitive program based on their education, experience, skillset and passion for optometry. This program is led by Dr. Eric Fazio, Medical Director of Optometry and Primary Eye Care Physician at Newsom Eye.
During Dr. Arjune’s internship and three externships, he honed his skills in performing complete eye exams, prescribing and fitting specialty contact lenses, diagnosing eye diseases and working with patients to create personalized treatment plans. He served as a volunteer at New York Presbyterian Queens Hospital as a patient care volunteer for four years, supporting both patients and providers. After a close family member suffered vision loss from diabetic macular edema, which was not closely monitored and controlled by the provider, Dr. Arjune found his passion. He has dedicated his practice to going above and beyond for his patients, treating them with compassion and empathy, the same way he would want his family to be treated.
Born and raised in the Bronx, New York, Dr. Arjune enjoys working out, dancing, and playing baseball. In addition to his clinic work, he is dedicated to medical outreach and visited Panama as part of a mission trip where his team offered comprehensive eye exams at a local hospital.
- Residency in Optometry, Newsom Eye, Tampa, FL
- Externship, Lake City VA Hospital, Lake City, FL
- Externship, Vision Health Institute, Orlando, FL
- Externship, Newsom Eye, Tampa, FL
- Internship, Salus University Eye Institute
Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Optometry, Salus University, Elkins Park, PA
- Bachelor of Science, St. John’s University, Queens, NY
- American Optometric Student Association
- Lion’s Club
- Students in Optometric Service to Humanity
- Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity