Common Signs of Vision Loss
Vision loss often occurs gradually overtime, here are a few signs and symptoms you may be dealing with vision loss.
- Do you squint or tilt your head to see?
- Hold books or reading material close to your face?
- Have trouble making out signs, faces or lettering?
- Have trouble seeing at night?
- Do you see halos or rings around lights?
- Sometimes see double?
- Constantly need more light?
- Over the age of 40?
If you notice any of these behaviors, it is encouraged you get an eye exam. Even if you’ve never worn glasses or contacts, you maybe starting to notice your vision isn’t what it used to be. Presbyopia is the gradual loss of ability to focus on near objects and is a normal part of the aging process. LASIK may be a good option to consider.
The Benefits of LASIK
LASIK has many benefits but not everyone is a candidate for various reasons. Even if LASIK is not an option for you, there are various other vision correction surgeries that you may qualify for. Problems or symptoms that LASIK may correct include:
- Reduce or eliminate your need for glasses or contacts
- Improved vision, sometimes 20/20 or better
- Quick recovery
- Quick results
- Long lasting results
- Better night vision
- Less eye irritation