SEANNA FROM, OD
RESIDENT PRIMARY EYE CARE PHYSICIAN
Dr. From is one of the Newsom Eye 2021-2022 Optometry Residents in the accredited Newsom Eye Residency Program. Residents are carefully selected to join this competitive program based on their education, experience, skillset and passion for optometry. This program is led by Dr. Eric Fazio, Medical Director of Optometry and Primary Eye Care Physician at Newsom Eye.
During four clinical rotations, Dr. From learned about identifying, monitoring and treating ocular diseases, as well as how to create the best treatment plans for patients. Through these clinical rotations, she was able to grow her skills in a number of specialties, including vision therapy, pediatrics, dry eye, low vision, and contact lenses. Dr. From is dedicated to treating her patients with the same care that she would want from her own medical provider, which ensures every patient leaves feeling like they are part of the Newsom Eye family.
Dr. From was born and raised in the small town of Redwater, Alberta, Canada. Outside of her clinic work, she enjoys hiking, paddleboarding and spending time with friends and family. Dr. From is proud to use her skills in optometry to give back to the community. She participates in vision screenings at local schools, Special Olympics, children’s health fairs and joined a mission trip to Mexico to provide vision screenings to underserved communities. Dr. From looks forward to continuing her volunteer and mission work in the future.
- Residency in Optometry, Newsom Eye, Tampa, FL
- Externship, Eye Centers of South Florida, North Miami Beach, FL
- Externship, Memphis VA Medical Center, Memphis, TN
- Externship, Midwestern University Eye Institute, Glendale, AZ
- Externship, Focus Eye Center, St. George, UT
- Doctor of Optometry, Midwestern University College of Optometry, Glendale, AZ
- Bachelor of Science, MacEwan University, Edmonton, AB
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Award of Clinic Honors on External Rotations, Arizona College of Optometry, Midwestern University
- Student Clinician of the Quarter, Arizona College of Optometry, Midwestern University
- American Optometric Student Association, Leadership Society (AOA+)
- Academic Scholarship from Pembina Place