BOARD CERTIFIED PRIMARY EYE CARE PHYSICIAN
Dr. Petit is a board certified optometrist that specializes in comprehensive eye care including pre-operative and post-operative cataract and LASIK care. Dr. Petit treats dry eye conditions, manages keratoconus patients, and fits specialty contact lenses including, soft, rigid gas permeable, multifocal, hybrid, scleral lenses and corneal refractive therapy (CRT) lenses.
Dr. Petit has managed over 40,000 surgical cases and actively educates and mentors Newsom Eye staff and technicians on the latest technology offered at Newsom Eye.
Dr. Petit leads a very active lifestyle and enjoys traveling, doing home improvements and dining at Tampa’s finest restaurants. He competed in triathlons across the United States for over eleven seasons, capping off his triathlon career completing the Hawaii Iron Man competition. You can catch him jogging in his neighborhood with his giant Schnauzer, Gia or relaxing at home with friends and family.
- Doctor of Optometry, Illinois College of Optometry, Chicago, IL
- Externship with Emphasis on Examining the Visually Challenged Patients by Teaching the Proper Usage of a Low Vision Device, Illinois Visually Handicapped Institute, Chicago, IL
- Externship with Emphasis on Comprehensive Ocular Health Evaluations and Contact Lens Evaluations and Fitting, Chicago Osteopathic Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Bachelor of Science with a Major in Biology and an Emphasis in Chemistry and Psychology, Nebraska Wesleyan University, Lincoln, NE
- American Board of Optometry
- American Optometric Association
- Florida Optometric Association
- Hillsborough Society of Optometrists Member and Past President
- Washington D.C. Representative for the Hillsborough Society of Optometrists
- National and Florida Board of Examiners