MIKE STUNTZ, MD
CATARACT AND LASIK SURGEON
BOARD CERTIFIED OPHTHALMOLOGIST
Dr. Stuntz is Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology with Fellowship training in Refractive Surgery. He brings awards, leadership experience and expertise in cataract and LASIK surgery to Newsom Eye and is excited to offer his patients the latest surgical options.
While completing his Bachelor of Science at the University of Nebraska, Dr. Stuntz was a three-time letter winner for his alma mater’s football team before graduating and attending The Ohio State University for medical school. Dr. Stuntz went on to complete his Residency in Ophthalmology from the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
During his time there, he became Chief Resident and honed his skills as a cataract and LASIK surgeon. His interest in cataract and LASIK surgery led him to elect for more extensive training with a Fellowship in Refractive Surgery. In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Stuntz serves as an Executive Board Member for Outlook Nebraska, a nonprofit organization dedicated to establishing a productive blind and visually impaired workforce.
Born in Council Bluffs, Iowa, Dr. Stuntz’s personal interests include going on walks with his wife and four children, playing golf and soccer, and cheering on his alma mater’s football team.
- Fellowship in Refractive Surgery, Kugler Vision, Omaha, NE
- Residency in Ophthalmology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Lincoln, NE
- Internship in Internal Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Lincoln, NE
- Doctor of Medicine, Ohio State University Wexner College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
- Bachelor of Science, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, NE
RECOGNITION, AWARDS AND RESEARCH
- Physician CEO Program Graduate from Northwestern University
- Chief Resident at the University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Global Health Elective, Baylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative, Lilongwe, Malawi
- Scholarship Recipient, University of Nebraska Football
- Nine Time recipient, Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll for Academic Excellence
- Kugler L, Stuntz M. (2019, May). Enhancements After SMILE. Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Refractive Surgery Alliance Society
- Executive Board Member, Outlook Nebraska