Lauren Wasikowski, OD
PRIMARY EYE CARE PHYSICIAN
Dr. Wasikowski specializes in Ocular disease,such as diabetes and glaucoma, pre-operative and post-operative surgical eye care, dry eye treatment, contact lens fittings and comprehensive eye exams.
Dr. Wasikowski completed her one-year residency training with Newsom Eye under the supervision of Eric Fazio, OD, Medical Director of Optometry and Primary Eye Care Physician at Newsom Eye. This program provides an emphasis on pre-operative and post-operative management of cataract and refractive surgery in addition to management of ocular disease.
Born in Indianapolis, Indiana, Dr. Wasikowski has lived in seven different states, some of which include Florida, Rhode Island, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. Outside of her clinical work, she enjoys playing volleyball, reading, cooking, spending time with friends and family and going to the beach.
Dr. Wasikowski is committed to treating every patient with the same care and dedication that she would to close friends and family members.
- Residency training in Ocular Disease, Refractive and Ocular Surgery, Newsom Eye, Tampa, FL
- Internship, Newsom Eye, Tampa, FL
- Internship, Wilkes Barre VA Medical Center, Wilken Barre, PA
- Internship, Northeastern Eye Institute Scranton, PA
- Internship, The Eye Institute at Salus University, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor or Optometry, Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Elkins Park, PA
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- American Academy of Optometry Conference, Boston, MA
- Clinical Skills Teaching Assistant, Salus University, Elkins Park, PA
- Optical Clerkship, Warner’s Family Eyecare, Greenwood, IN
- Scribe and Shadow, Dr. Finley’s Family Eyecare, Herndon, VA