Flana Levando, OD
RESIDENT PRIMARY EYE CARE PHYSICIAN
Dr. Levando offers fully comprehensive eye examinations while primarily focusing on ocular disease and refractive surgery management throughout her residency with Newsom Eye. Her residency is also centered on the treatment of diabetes, dry eyes, age-related macular degeneration (AMD), glaucoma, and irregular astigmatism. Dr. Levando is also certified in corneal refractive therapy (CRT) contact lenses.
Prior to receiving her doctorate of optometry, Dr. Levando devoted her time to working with many charitable causes, helping children improve their visual acuity was her primary focus.
In addition to her community service, Dr. Levando stays active by taking fitness classes, running, hiking and dancing. She also enjoys spending her leisure time with family and friends.
- Current Residency in Ocular Disease and Refractive Surgery, Newsom Eye, Tampa, FL
- Doctorate of Optometry, College of Optometry, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Internship, Nova Southeastern University, Davie, FL
- Internship, Pediatrics & Binocular Vision, NSU Health Care Center, North Miami Beach, FL
- Internship, Kids in Distress, Wilton Manors, FL
- Internship, Lighthouse of Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Externship, West Palm Beach VA Medical Center, West Palm Beach, FL
- National Optometric Association
- American Optometric Association
- Florida Optometric Association
- Nova Optometric Association