COURTNEY BOVEE, MD
BOARD CERTIFIED OPHTHALMOLOGIST
Dr. Bovee is Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology with Fellowship training in Glaucoma from Harvard Medical School. She brings a wealth of knowledge to Newsom Eye as she is actively involved in education, research and organizational leadership. Dr. Bovee performs the latest surgical and laser techniques, including minimally invasive glaucoma surgery, also known as MIGS. She is excited to offer her patients advanced pharmacologic and surgical treatments for the medical and surgical management of glaucoma and anterior segment ocular pathology.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Bovee is a leader in organized medicine in numerous local, state and national societies. Most recently she was awarded the 2020 Florida Society of Ophthalmology Distinguished Young Ophthalmologist Leadership award for recognition of her leadership, service, competence and devotion to high ethical and professional standards.
Currently a Tampa Bay resident, Dr. Bovee was born in Iowa and grew up in both Northwest Iowa and Winter Park, Florida. She enjoys being outdoors and spending time on the water. She loves sailing, fishing, gardening, kayaking, paddleboarding and attending festivals.
- Fellowship in Glaucoma, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary – Glaucoma, Boston, MA
- Residency in Ophthalmology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA
- Doctor of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
- Florida Society of Ophthalmology Outstanding Young Ophthalmologist Leadership Award
- 2020 Michael R. Redmond Award
- University of Florida 40 Under 40 Award
- Bausch and Lomb 2020 Key Opinion Leader
- American Business Journal’s “Influencers Award: Rising Stars,” Young executives influencing business across the country
- Lake and Sumter County Style Magazine Best of the Best Ophthalmologist
- American Glaucoma Society’s “Mentoring for Future Leaders” Award
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Glaucoma Society
- Florida Medical Association
- Florida Society of Ophthalmology